You can install the theme in two ways: through WordPress or via FTP.
The Newspaper WordPress Theme installable file is Newspaper.zip. Please see the following sections for each method and watch our video tutorial on how to install the Newspaper Theme.
- Download the Newspaper files from your ThemeForest account. Navigate to your Downloads tab on ThemeForest and find Newspaper. Click the Download button.
- On your local computer extract the ZIP folder called Newspaper-tf. After extracting files you will open the folder called Newspaper-tf where you will find more folders (child-theme, documentation, licensing, plugins, psd).
- Locate the Newspaper.zip in the Newspaper-tf folder (this is the theme you want to install).
Video tutorial – Install via FTP
Step by step: How to install via FTP
- Step 1 – Log into your FTP client to access your host web server.
- Step 2 – Browse to find the Newspaper.zip file on your computer (located in Newspaper-tf folder) and unzip it.
- Step 3 – Upload the folder Newspaper to wp-content/themes/ folder.
- Step 4 – Activate the newly installed theme by going to Appearance > Themes and clicking the Activate button.
- Step 5 – After you activate Newspaper you will see a notification message to activate the required plugins in the Plugins section of your dashboard. Visual Composer plugin is required.
- Step 6 – Click on Install Button on each plugin to start installing them. After you’ve installed them, Activate them.
- Visual Composer
Optional plugins – install them from /plugins folder
- Revolution Slider
- tagDiv Social counter
- tagDiv Speed booster
- Mobile theme
- WordPress SEO – SEO plugin
- WP Super Cache – caching plugin
- Contact form 7 – used to make contact forms
- WooCommerce – eCommerce solution
- bbPress – forum plugin
- BuddyPress- social network plugin
- Font Awesome 4 Menus- icon pack, supported in the theme menus
- Wp User Avatar – Change users avatars
- Jetpack – plugin with lots of features *it may slow down your site