You can install the theme in two ways: through WordPress or via FTP.
The Newsmag WordPress Theme Installable file is Newsmag.zip. Please see the following section for each method and watch our video tutorial on how to install Newsmag Theme.
- Download the Newsmag files from your ThemeForest account. Navigate to your Downloads tab on ThemeForest and find Newsmag. Click the Download button.
- On your local computer extract the ZIP folder called Newsmag-tf. After extracting files you will open the folder called Newsmag-tf where you will find more folders (child-theme, documentation, licensing, plugins, psd, etc.).
- Locate the Newsmag.zip inside the Newsmag-tf folder (this is the theme you want to install).
Video tutorial – Install via WordPress admin panel
Step by step: How to install Newsmag via WordPress admin panel
- Step 1 – Navigate to Appearance > Themes.
- Step 2 – Click Install Themes and click the Upload button.
- Step 3 – Browse to find the Newsmag.zip file on your computer and click Install Now.
- Step 4 – Activate the newly installed theme by going to Appearance > Themes and clicking the Activate button.
- Step 5 – After you activate Newsmag you will see a notification message to activate the required plugins in the Plugins section of your dashboard. Visual Composer plugin is required.
- Step 6 – Click on Install Button on each plugin to start installing them. After you’ve installed them, Activate them.
- Visual Composer
Optional plugins – install it from plugins folder:
- Revolution Slider
- tagDiv Social counter
- tagDiv Speed booster
- tagDiv Woo Invoice
- tagDiv Woo Label
- SEO by Yoast
- Jetpack – Tiled galleries
- Contact Form 7
- Font Awesome 4 Menus