You can install the theme in two ways: through WordPress or via FTP.
The Newsmag WordPress Theme Installable file is Newsmag.zip. Please see the following sections for each method and watch our video tutorial on how to install Newsmag Theme.
- Download the Newsmag files from your ThemeForest account. Navigate to your Downloads tab on ThemeForest and find Newsmag. Click the Download button.
- On your local computer extract the ZIP folder called Newsmag-tf. After extracting files you will open the folder called Newsmag-tf where you will find more folders (child-theme, documentation, licensing, plugins, psd).
- Locate the Newsmag.zip in the Newsmag-tf folder (this is the theme you want to install).
Video tutorial – Install via FTP
Step by step: How to install Newsmag via FTP
- Step 1 – Log into your FTP client to access your host web server.
- Step 2 – Browse to find the Newsmag.zip file on your computer (located in Newsmag-tf folder) and unzip it.
- Step 3 – Upload the folder Newsmag to wp-content/themes/ folder.
- Step 4 – Activate the newly installed theme by going to Appearance > Themes and clicking the Activate button.
- Step 5 – After you activate Newsmag you will see a notification message to activate the required plugins in the Plugins section of your dashboard.
- Step 6 – Click on Install Button on each plugin to start installing them. After you’ve installed them, Activate them.
- TagDiv Composer
Optional plugins – install it from /plugins folder:
- Revolution Slider
- Visual Composer
- tagDiv Social counter
- tagDiv Speed booster
- SEO by Yoast
- Jetpack – Tiled galleries
- Contact Form 7
- Font Awesome 4 Menus