The tagDiv Cloud Library brings you over 600 already-built layouts and makes your website stand out! It was designed to simplify the way you create layouts in the Newspaper theme. This innovative system allows you to import templates and customize them using the composer drag and drop functionality.
Think of it as a template builder that comes with a huge collection of layouts for every section of your site. You can browse the tagDiv Cloud Library collection, preview the unique designs and import the one(s) you love!
Watch the film
First, activate the plugin from the theme plugins section:
Once activated, you can access the new menu in the WordPress admin area called “Cloud Templates“. The new menu allows you to see your currently imported templates, or to import a new template from our servers.
The templates available are stored in categories, so you know the purpose of each layout.
Step by Step Guide: How to use tagDiv Cloud Library
- To import a template from the tagDiv Cloud Library, click on the Cloud Templates menu and press the Add New button
2. Select the category of the template you wish to import
3. Choose the desired layout by clicking on it. I will use a post template for this example
4. Press the “Create template” button. You’ll be automatically redirected to the tagDiv Composer page builder where you can customize the template. You can modify the layout or leave it on default.
This should be familiar if you used the tagDiv Composer before. If not, we recommend using the documentation to learn how to use the page builder before attempting to modify the templates.
5. When you’ve finished the adjustments, press the Save Settings button in the tagDiv Composer and then Close the builder by pressing the x button:
6. All your imported post templates are listed in the Newspaper > Theme Panel > Post Settings > Default Post Template, ready to be used globally. In this particular example, the template is set as the default post template replacing the standard theme default setting. It can be changed back from the template settings of the theme panel to another post template though.
You can also choose what template to use on each post individually from the Post edit screen, settings section.
Whether you want to create a new layout from scratch or to modify an existing one, Newspaper has you covered. The new version of Newspaper helps you design everything on your website without touching a single line of code. Customize the layout for any posts, sections, categories, authors, archive, tags, or search pages using the drag and drop functionality.
Here are some useful tips for using and managing cloud library templates:
1. The cloud templates can be renamed:
It’s easier to spot and recognize for example a template called “Full width template” than a generic “Single post template 30”.
2. The cloud templates can be duplicated:
Let’s say that you have imported a cloud post template, modified it and then saved it. But now you want to make a needed adjustment to that template and use if for a different post, but you don’t want to redo all the steps made before to the original template. You can duplicate it, edit and modify it and rename it if needed.
3. While editing templates in the composer you can import a different template of the same category, or import cloud blocks and sections for example.
Note that importing a new template will replace the content of the old template. Loading a section or block will add them to the bottom of the template content by default.
4. There is a filter you can use to quickly sort the cloud templates according to their type
Very useful when having many templates and looking for a specific one, using the filter will display just the type you want.