Newspaper allows you to transform the category pages into creative interfaces that guide the visitors to the desired content. You have multiple templates for the category header and on the top section you can use 8 different grids and 5 new styles.
Watch the video – Introduction to Newspaper Theme Category
Watch the video – How to customize your categories
In Newspaper you have 2 different types of options:
- Global Categories settings – it applies the same options to all categories
- Individual Category settings – you can set up options to a specific category that override the global category settings
To set up a category go to the Theme Panel > Categories. In the main Categories panel you will find a Category Global Settings and a Category Individual Settings section which contains a different option panel for each category you have on your website.
You can change:
- the category template – pick one of the 8 category header styles
- the category top post – Select one of the 8 beautiful grids to highlight your top post , or simply disable it
- the category top posts styles – pick one of the 5 styles to display your grids
- the article display view – you have 16 different modules available to display the articles on your category page
- use sidebar (right or left) or just plain content and no sidebar
- category tag color (available on individual settings)
- background used on the category page: image or color
- an option to hide the category tag on posts and category pages
What you can change for each category:
In the screenshot below you can see the settings available for the “Fashion” category. Each category has this panel associated with it.